
i just won 1st place "best overall" chili at our ward chili cookoff from like a dozen different chilis! i can't believe it! i don't even know what i'm doing when it comes to chili! but hooray for me! and to think this was only the second time i've made chili! the first was last year at kirtland's chili cook-off where i got 2nd place (i did hear that the first place winner was bribing the judges, though, so it may have been another 1st place in an honest race!) thanks terry for the advice!
wanna know my secret?
sarah's award winning chili:
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
2 cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans chili beans, with juices
1 can stewed tomatoes, with juices
1 can diced tomatoes, with juices
dried chopped onions (or fresh if your shannon!)
about 1/2 cup pasta sauce
oregano, basil and celery flakes- a few shakes of each
chili powder, a good amount
brown sugar, like 1 cup ;)
stew it all up, let it cool for a while and stew it again and enjoy the award winning taste!
3 comments:
Hey! Congratulations!! I'm very impressed!
YAY!!! Congrats on the chili, although I'm not surprised. Haven't you won the chili contest before!?!?!? Too bad there aren't leftovers! When you come and visit... we're makin' chili!
I like to read comments left on my blog so I'll give you one, too. I think Shannon wants to see you SOON! We will have you make chili while I'm with you, too. I am getting excited to come. I think I need to work on getting snow tires on the Odyssey or I'll be driving the Camry - oh help!
Post a Comment