Saturday, March 14, 2009

happy st. patrick's day!

when you live next to a town called 'dublin' there's bound to be a st. patrick's day parade unlike any other!  so we bundled up and went down to the parade route.  i absolutely love parades, coming together as a community and showing off with pride all the great things that everyone has to offer.  but no matter how many parades i go to, i always forget to bring something to sit on!  today was no different, we had to grab my reusable shopping bags from the trunk to protect our bottoms from the cold ground.  

there were veterans (we salute you all!), a bunch of marching bands, antique cars and fire trucks, new fire trucks, lots of clowns, ronald mcdonald, and scout troops and sports teams, and LOTS of irish dancers!  the kids kept asking for a snack waiting for the parade to start, and i assured them that there would be plenty of candy once it started.





these were the funniest blow-up things ever!  i can only imagine what it's like walking in one!

we all enjoyed seeing all the different things.  jonny liked the huge blow-up frog and clovers that they had floating way up high.  jessy's favorite part was, of course, the 'princesses', the pageant winners that wore pretty dresses.  my favorite part was probably the fire trucks (i can't get away from them!) and the horses.  they got a little bored towards the end, but i love parades, so they just had to wait!

happy st. patricks day to everyone!

2 comments:

RatcliffeClan said...

Wow I can't believe how big your kids are. I haven't see you guys in what seems like forever. Last time I saw Jessie she was a baby. I am glad you are all doing so well. Maybe we will get to see ya when we come to Ohio this summer.

Tiff said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like the walking blow-up leprechaun, how funny!